The way the studio operates has changed to ensure health and safety.
As well as enhanced hygiene procedures, rearrangements have been made to the large floor space to limit your interaction with everyone else on the premises during your time in the studio.
I have set out below everything you need to know before your appointment.
Before your appointment:
- Please wash your hair within 24 hours of your appointment.
- Do not attend your appointment if you, a member of your household or a member of your social bubble is experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- There will be no cancellation fee if you cancel more than 24 hours before your appointment time. If you give less than this notice, or do not attend your appointment without getting in touch, you could be liable for up to the full cost of your appointment.
- Do not attend your appointment if you have knowingly been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 within 14 days of your appointment.
On the day:
- You are required to fill out a COVID-19 disclaimer form. This is best completed online before your appointment to minimise contact. It is available via this link: COVID-19 disclaimer form.
- You will be required to wear a mask at all times during your visit to the studio. This is a government requirement. You may remove your mask only to take a drink of water or while your colour is developing with no one else near you.
- You are required to bring your own mask. If you don’t bring your own, disposable masks will be available for a fee of £3.
- There are multiple hand sanitisers available for use in the studio, so please clean your hands with this or wash your hands in the bathroom sink upon arrival.
- There will be no facilities for hanging your coat or bag, so travel light. Bring a spare bag to store your coat in by your side if you need to bring one.
- No reading materials or refreshments will be offered for the time being. We have a fridge full of bottled water if required, but you will need to dispose of any bottles you take outside of the salon.
- You are welcome to bring along your own beverage for during your appointment, but you are required not to consume this during your treatment as your mask will need to be on during all contact.
- Food will only be allowed to be consumed for longer colour correction services, so please eat beforehand.
- Arrive for your appointment on time. There is no waiting area and you will not be permitted into the building via the buzzer entry until your appointment time. If you are late, your appointment is likely to be changed or cancelled.
- To keep exposure down, you must attend your appointment alone.
- Please be mindful and limit what you touch in the salon.
- There are now no shelves for you to rest your belongings on at the hair stations.
- The door to the studio floor will be open at all times to increase ventilation, so if your run cold, bring or wear warmer clothing.
But what are you doing Loretta?
- I will be in full PPE throughout your appointment (Mask, gloves, apron and - unless it affects my vision in completing your hair dream - I will be wearing a face shield too).
- I have made up a sealed PPE bag for each client. This will be unpacked in front of you at your station. Inside is a disposable gown, disposable towel and freshly disinfected brushes, combs and clips to be used on only you during your treatment.
- I will be working with 2 sets of scissors so while I use a set on you, another set will be being disinfected ready for the next client.
- Cleaning procedures have been enhanced within the studio, so you can be assured your area will have been freshly cleaned and disinfected before your arrival.
- The toilet will be cleaned regularly and is stocked with disposable toilet wipes for you to wipe the toilet seat down after use. There is also now a disposable paper towel dispenser in the toilet for after you wash your hands.
- Do not take asprin or other blood thinners for pain relief.
- Don’t be shy! If you want something on Netflix, ask me to put it on the TV for you. And if you’re not feeling the music, tell Alexa to change the song.
In order to keep providing you with high quality service, I have had to increase my colour prices. You can check the prices on my online booking service, but there is generally a £20 increase on colour prices.
I am now working at half capacity to keep numbers down in the salon. I also now use higher quality product when colouring your hair and will be using at least twice as much product and be working on your hair for twice the amount of time than under normal circumstances, so I have adjusted my prices to keep the studio running.
I will now no longer be providing dry cuts or fringe trims and will be requiring a full shampoo service before any cutting or styling services.
If you would like to keep your time in the salon down to a minimum, you can now opt for “conditioning treatment braids” instead of a blow-dry. With this service you will have a Brazilian Bond Builder treatment applied to your towel dried hair and then styled into braids for you to rinse off at home. This treatment is usually a £20 add on, but will be no additional charge in place of your blow-dry at this time.
I look forward to welcoming you back! If you have any queries or questions in the meantime, get in touch through social media (see below) or e-mail me at lorettamariehair@gmailcom.